The eleventh celebration of Vaccination Week in the Americas (VWA) was held from 20-27 April 2013.
VWA is an extraordinary effort led by the countries and territories of the Region to advance equity and access to vaccination. VWA activities strengthen the national immunization programs in the Americas by reaching out to populations with little access to regular health services, such as those populations living in urban fringes, rural and border areas and in indigenous communities. Since its inception in 2003, more than 410 million individuals of all ages have been vaccinated during campaigns conducted under the framework of VWA.
Vaccination Weeks Around the World
- African Vaccination Week
- Eastern Mediterranean Vaccination Week
- European Immunization Week
- South-East Asia Vaccination Week
- Western Pacific Vaccination Week
- Border Health Commission-National Infant Immunization Week (USA-Mexico)
- CDC-National Infant Immunization Week (USA)
- National Immunization Awareness Week (Canada)
- World Immunization Week (World Health Organization)
Links of Interest