On June 30th, 2014, The PAHO/WHO country office for The Bahamas and The Turks and Caicos Islands signed a memorandum of understanding with the Ministry for Grand Bahama to undertake an Environmental Health Assessment for the areas of Pinder’s Point, Lewis Yard, and other relevant surrounding communities.
(Left to Right: Hon. Minister Darville, Minister for Grand Bahama, Dr. Gerry Eijkemans, PWR Bahamas and Turks and Caicos, and Mr. Melvin Seymour, PS for Ministry for Grand Bahama.
The Bahamas, Turks and Caicos Islands held the National Consultation on PAHO Strategy for Universal Health Coverage
On 15 July 2014, the in close collaboration with the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) held the national consultation on the “Strategy for Universal Health Coverage”.
PAHO Supports the Caribbean Association of Nutritionists and Dieticians (CANDi) Biennual conference in the Bahamas
From June 18th through June 20th, 2014, the Caribbean Association of Nutritionists and Dieticians (CANDi) assembled for their biennial conference. Under the newly acquired leadership of Ms. Shandera Smith, a Bahamian Nutritionists working with the Ministry of Health in the Bahamas, the conference aimed to influence excellence in the professions of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- The Bahamas commences construction of its new Cold Storage Room for Vaccines
- Strategic Approach to Integrated Chemical Management [SAICM], The Bahamas
- PAHO Supports Crisis Management Workshop/Simulation Exercise on Bioterrorism in Nassau, The Bahamas, 19th through 21st February, 2014
- Bahamas Office Welcomes Premier of The Turks and Caicos Islands
- HIV Testing Day in Nassau, The Bahamas, 28th June, 2013
- Implementation of mhGAP Pilot Project in The Bahamas, June 2013
- Technical Support for the Construction of a new Cold Storage Room for Vaccines in The Bahamas
- PAHO/WHO Bahamas and Universal Health Coverage in the Bahamas
- Mental Health and Disasters in The Bahamas
- PAHO Director Dr. Carissa F. Etienne Congratulates Haiti on National Plan of Action on Cholera