Canadian WHO/PAHO Collaborating Centre Workshop: Strengthening Capacity and Partnerships with PAHO in the Americas
Delta Hotel and Suites, 361 Queen Street
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
October 23 - 24, 2009
Objectives of the Meeting
- • To increase the knowledge base and heighten understanding among Canadian Collaborating Centre representatives and key Health Portfolio representatives of the Pan American Health Organization’s technical cooperation in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC).
- • To increase the knowledge base and improve the understanding among PAHO representatives of the technical expertise of the Canadian Collaborating Centres as well as of the Government of Canada’s structure and strategic priorities.
- • To learn from successful case-studies of Canada-PAHO partnerships in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC).
- • To provide an opportunity for Canadian Collaborating Centre representatives and key Health Portfolio representatives to network with their PAHO and Canadian counterparts in order to build trust and commitment, mobilize resources, and generate new ideas for collaboration around strategic priorities.
- • To develop and disseminate resources that will enhance communication linkages and offer practical information about funding resources for Canadian institutions.
Last Updated on Thursday, 12 November 2009 10:54