Abstract Submission - Deadline is Tuesday, May 15, 2012 by 5PM
You are invited to submit an abstract for the 2012 Canadian Conference on Global Health through this online abstract submission system. Please read the instructions below before submitting.
The conference theme is Global Health in the Shifting World Economy.
Abstracts for oral and poster presentations and for workshops or
symposia are welcome. Submissions should be directly related to the
overall theme “Global health in the shifting world economy” and suggested topic areas are listed below.
All submitted abstracts must choose a topic area that fits their
proposal. This will allow the committee to better review the abstract
and, if selected, to group it with similar presentations. Topic areas
- Canada’s ability to respond to the shifting world economy
- Shifting demographics and the disease burden
- Employment, workers rights and migration in health in the shifting world economy
- Sustainable environments in the shifting world economy
- Training, service delivery and health human resources in the shifting world economy
- Democratization of development in the shifting world economy
- Ethics of development in the shifting world economy
- Access to healthcare and medicines in the shifting world economy
- Global health education in the shifting world economy
- Global health research in the shifting world economy
Abstracts may focus on new findings, the development of a program,
project or new global health tools, moving from development to
implementation, policy or ethical issues, or related topics.
An oral presentation is an individual oral presentation of 10
minutes followed by questions. We will group oral presentations into
sessions that discuss similar topics.
A poster presentation is a visual presentation on a 3.5 feet by
3.5 feet (approximately 1 metre by 1 metre) posterboard. Presenters
will be required to be available during scheduled poster sessions to
discuss their work with delegates. Posters will be grouped by similar
A workshop is a 1.5 hour session that is led by one or more
presenters. It is meant to be an interactive learning session and
involve participation from the audience.
A symposia is a 1.5 hour session that is led by more than one
presenter. It is meant to be an in-depth session focused on a specific
topic or finding
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstract submission deadline: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 by 5PM.
- Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection will be sent by Friday, June 15, 2012.
- Abstracts must follow the guidelines outlined below.
- Abstracts may be submitted in English or French. Poster presentations may be submitted in Spanish (View the Spanish instructions in PDF). Only plenary sessions will be simultaneously translated.
- Abstracts must be submitted online.
- The abstract should not exceed 400 words.
- Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentations,
workshops or symposia. Authors may indicate a preference for an oral or
poster presentation, but final decisions on allocation will be made by
the Abstract Review Committee.
- Abstract titles may not exceed 150 characters (including spaces)
and should not be all caps. An example of correct formatting is: Global
capacity for emerging infectious diseases and surveillance
- All abstracts should be structured as follows:
Discussion: A concise interpretation of the completed work.
Conclusion: Major message(s) emanating from the work.
- Sufficient data/information must be provided in the abstract to
permit evaluation by reviewers. Statements such as "additional
information to be presented at the meeting" are not acceptable.
- All presenters must be registered at the conference.. No honorarium, travel or accommodation expenses will be provided.
Submit your abstract online Now !!