The Pan American Health Organization / World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) Office for Barbados and Eastern Caribbean (OECC) is urging Caribbean residents to show solidarity with Caribbean Wellness Day and Wellness Week of the Americas 2014 by participating in activities in their communities. Wellness Week of the Americas will be commemorated from 13 to 19 September, beginning with Caribbean Wellness Day on Saturday 13 September.
Last Updated on Monday, 15 September 2014 19:37
The Pan American Health Organization / World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) office for Barbados and Eastern Caribbean Countries and the Sub-Regional Programme Coordination (Caribbean) is actively supporting members of its staff in practising healthy lifestyles.
PAHO/WHO Representative Dr Godfrey Xuereb congratulates member of the gardening staff, Ms Sandra Bourne on the team’s successful production of Chinese cabbages.
Last Updated on Thursday, 04 September 2014 20:13
PAHO/WHO urges the countries of the Americas to be vigilant and prepared for potential introduction of Ebola virus
The Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) is urging the countries of the Americas to be vigilant and prepared for a potential introduction of the Ebola virus in the Region. The recommendation comes following a statement by WHO Director-General Margaret Chan that the outbreak in West Africa constitutes a “public health emergency of international concern” (PHEIC).
Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 August 2014 18:33
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) Office of Caribbean Program Coordination urges Caribbean Residents to Give Blood in Support of World Blood Donor Day 2014
- Updated Chronic Care Passport introduced in Saint Lucia
- Message for World No Tobacco Day - May 31, 2014 “Raise Taxes in Tobacco”
- PAHO/WHO Urges Caribbean Residents to get their Vaccines up-to-date for Vaccination Week of the Americas 2014
- Experts propose strategies to utilize legislative tools to promote the right to health and other related human rights in the Caribbean sub-region
- Chikungunya Fact Sheet
- Social Inclusion towards Universal Health Coverage - February 3, 2014