Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) Office of Caribbean Program Coordination urges Caribbean Residents to Give Blood in Support of World Blood Donor Day 2014
06/13/2014 Bridgetown, Barbados The Pan American Health Organization and World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) Office of Caribbean Program Coordination is urging citizens and residents of the region to commit to regular blood donation. This advice was issued on the eve of World Blood Donor Day 2014, which occurs on Saturday June 14th. The goal of the campaign is to raise awareness of the importance of blood donation and to recognize the contribution of voluntary unpaid blood donors in saving lives and improving health.
Health Care professionals in St. Lucia are now better able to implement the Chronic Care Passport (CCP) and manage its use with their patients. The Pan American Health Organization is supporting St Lucia to improve quality of care for patients with diabetes, and the CCP was developed in order to improve self-management skills by clients and their families. The CCP has been well received in St Lucia.
Last Updated on Monday, 09 June 2014 15:25
PAHO/WHO’s Office for Barbados and Eastern Caribbean Countries urges countries to raise taxes on tobacco
The Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization’s Office for Barbados and Eastern Caribbean Countries (PAHO/WHO OECC) is urging countries to raise taxes on tobacco products as a strategy to reduce tobacco use and associated levels of illness and death. This call comes as PAHO/WHO and partners spearhead the commemoration of World No Tobacco Day 2014, slated for Saturday May 31.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 May 2014 14:15
- PAHO/WHO Urges Caribbean Residents to get their Vaccines up-to-date for Vaccination Week of the Americas 2014
- Experts propose strategies to utilize legislative tools to promote the right to health and other related human rights in the Caribbean sub-region
- Chikungunya Fact Sheet
- Social Inclusion towards Universal Health Coverage - February 3, 2014
- UN Knowledge Fair 2013
- World Humanitarian Day - 19 August 2013
- The Pan American Health Organization Spearheads Thrust to Develop Policy to Reduce the Harmful Use of Alcohol within Caribbean Countries
- PAHO Director met with Government Leaders in Barbados
- Orientation of New Minister of Health Barbados
- PAHO/WHO calls for improved health sector response for women survivors of violence
- Message of PAHO’s Director Carissa F. Etienne
- PAHO Celebrates 110th Anniversary
- Proposal for the Development of a Regional Health Agenda for Hospitals in Integrated Health Service Delivery Networks
- Senior Policy Seminar on “The Universal Health Coverage (UHC) Agenda in the Caribbean"