PAHO/WHO Urges Caribbean Residents to get their Vaccines up-to-date for Vaccination Week of the Americas 2014
The Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization’s Office for Caribbean Program Coordination (PAHO/WHO CPC) is urging Caribbean residents to continue to prevent death, illness and disability in the region by ensuring that they are appropriately vaccinated. This advice has been issued on the approach of the 12th Vaccination Week in the Americas, which takes place from April 28 to May 3, 2014, and to coincide with World Immunization Week, running from April 24 to April 30, 2014.
Last Updated on Monday, 05 May 2014 13:52
Experts propose strategies to utilize legislative tools to promote the right to health and other related human rights in the Caribbean sub-region
Experts on health, law and human rights from Caribbean governments, academia, civil society and representatives from the Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) gathered on March 24-25, 2014 at the PAHO/WHO Office in Barbados, to propose initiatives and strategies in order to strengthen national laws in the Caribbean, in all areas that have an impact on public health.
Last Updated on Monday, 31 March 2014 21:25
- Social Inclusion towards Universal Health Coverage - February 3, 2014
- UN Knowledge Fair 2013
- World Humanitarian Day - 19 August 2013
- The Pan American Health Organization Spearheads Thrust to Develop Policy to Reduce the Harmful Use of Alcohol within Caribbean Countries
- PAHO Director met with Government Leaders in Barbados
- Orientation of New Minister of Health Barbados
- PAHO/WHO calls for improved health sector response for women survivors of violence
- Message of PAHO’s Director Carissa F. Etienne
- PAHO Celebrates 110th Anniversary
- Proposal for the Development of a Regional Health Agenda for Hospitals in Integrated Health Service Delivery Networks
- Senior Policy Seminar on “The Universal Health Coverage (UHC) Agenda in the Caribbean"