The British Virgin Islands staged a number of activities to celebrate Caribbean Wellness Day 2009.
The schedules of community activities by district for the
British Virgin Islands were as follows:
- Heart Healthy Walk from the Fire Station to the Botanic Garden (
Bay) and back at 5:30 a.m.
- Softball Game at the Recreation Ground at 7:30 a.m.
- Presentations on Eating Healthy, Living Healthy, and Staying fit!
Jost Van Dyke
- Heart Healthy Walk from the
Bay and Perfect Pine Junction, before returning to the Health Centre at 5:30 a.m.
- Physical Fitness demonstrations and a presentation on physical fitness and health eating.
- Round-the-Valley Walk from the marina at 6 a.m.
- North Sound Trek from Twin House in The Bond and back at 6 a.m.
- Screenings and Breakfast at the
Marina (Valley) at 7:30 a.m.
- Walk starting at the Cappoon’s Bay Field to Windy Hill and back to Cappoon’s Bay beginning at 5:00 a.m.
- Advanced Walkers Event from the Park at Windy Hill in Meyers and back at 5:00 a.m.
- Novice Walkers Event from
Bridge at 6:30 a.m.
- Intermediate Walkers Event from
Bridge to Windy Hill, ending at the Park at 6 a.m.
- Forum with young people to discuss health related issues that concern and affect today’s youth, this event took place on September 11.
- On September 12 there was a walk from the Valerie O Thomas community centre in Sea Cow’s Bay to the roundabout at Prospect Reef and back to the community center.
- Walk from the
Basketball Court in Huntum’s Ghut to Prospect Reef Round-a-Bout and back at 5:30 a.m.
- Netball game at the Band Stand in
Road Town at 6:30 p.m
Districts 7 & 8
- Walk to
Island and back at 6 a.m.
- Breakfast at 8 a.m.
- Brief ceremony at 8:30 a.m
- Races, demonstrations, and fun day – 9:00 a.m. until.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 November 2009 18:57