|Vaccination Week Activities - Grenada|
The Ministry of Health held a successful vaccination week of activities which included the following:
• Opening of Vaccination week with a speech by the Minister responsible for Health, Senator Ann Peters
• A Mini Health Fair on the Lance Gouyave grounds, St. John’s for Fisher folk
• A Health forum in Grenville for Fisher folk
• A march by all pre schools in the District of St. David’s
• Training by District nurse in Mantoux testing
• Vaccination of Police Officers in the Southern district of St. George’s
• Vaccination of Farmers and farm workers at River Antoine Estate and Workers at Spice Basket
At the Mini health fair in Gouyave, the Minister of Health who is a nurse was involved in blood pressure testing and providing advice to patrons attending the health fair.
HIV testing was conducted, and the Grenada Food & Nutrition Council gave talks on healthy eating. This activity was a huge success.
The Ministry says this year’s activity was great, as many people participated by taking vaccinations.
The Minister slso thanked PAHO for the assistance given to prepare educational materials and for the posters they sent.
Pictures from Vaccination Week Activities
Children from the Pre Schools in the district of St. David's who took part in the march.
Police Officers in the Southern district of St. George's being vaccinated
Fisher folk taking part in a Health forum in Grenville
Dayrells Rd & Navy Garden, Christ Church, Barbados