World Health Organization, Department of Health Statistics and Information Systems is seeking a junior consultant to contribute to further development of the work area of health equity monitoring.
Main tasks include:
1. Do systematic reviews on inequalities in priority health topics like maternal and child health, non-communicable diseases and universal health coverage.
2. Do systematic reviews on existing measurement tools/methodologies with regard to health inequalities.
3. Contribute to developing a set of recommendations on how to measure and report health inequalities in the context of universal health coverage as well as the global health monitoring agendas.
4. Contribute to the development of an interactive visualization report on the state of health inequality.
5. Prepare technical reports/peer reviewed publications based on planned analyses.
6. Other mutually agreed upon tasks related to the subject area of monitoring health inequalities.
University degree in public health or health related area.
Skills and experience:
Demonstrated capacity to do systematic reviews/literature reviews.
Demonstrated ability to write technical reports and papers in English.
Knowledge and understanding of basic epidemiological, demographic and statistical principles.
Good knowledge and understanding of health inequality monitoring issues.
Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and reference management software (e.g. Reference Manager, EndNote).
Familiarity with interactive data visualization software.
Excellent knowledge of English is essential.
The consultancy will last for 1 year.