Sustainable Development and Environmental Health – SDE - PAHO/WHO
Understanding the Post-2015 Development Agenda Process
18 October 2012 – Time: 11:00 am – 12:30 pm EDT (
(This webinar will be delivered In English with simultaneous translation to Spanish and close-captioned for the Hearing impaired)
Health in the Post-2015 UN Development Agenda: Thematic Think Piece
The Future We Want (Resolution adopted by the General Assembly)
· Provide an overview of ongoing United Nations (UN) teams and panels focusing on the post-2015 development agenda process.
· Discuss lessons learned from the MDG agenda process, highlighting perspectives of developing countries.
· Identify opportunities and challenges that lay ahead with the post-2015 development agenda.
11:00 am Opening
John Balbus, M.D., M.P.H. (moderator)
Senior Advisor for Public Health, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
11:10 am Overview of the Post-2015 Development Agenda Process and Description of Health-Focused
Marie Neira, M.D.
Director, Public Health and Environment, World Health Organization
Lessons Learned from the MDG Agenda
Insights on Opportunities and Challenges with the Post-2015 Development Agenda Process
11:20 am Amina J. Mohammed (invited)
Special Advisor of the Secretary-General on Post-2015 Development Planning
CEO/Founder, Center for Development Policy Solutions
11:30 am Paulo Buss, M.D., M.P.H.
Former President, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (FIOCRUZ),
11:40 am David Serwadda, M.B.Ch.B., M.Sc., M.Med., M.P.H. (invited)
Professor of Disease Control and Environmental Health, Makerere
11:50 pm Discussion
12:25 pm Closing John Balbus, M.D., M.P.H.
12:30 pm ADJOURN
How to participate
In person: This event is free and open to the public
Online: via Blackboard link:
- Spanish room: www.paho.org/virtual/SeminariosSDE
- English room www.paho.org/virtual/SDESeminars
For those who cannot follow the live seminar, it will be available later at: http://bit.ly/oxoRdS