As all Guyanese may have seen on the news internationally, there has been an outbreak of "Swine Flu" globally. All persons are urged to keep abreast of the news with regards with this. Some important up-to-date information can be found on this page.
Frequently Asked Questions on A( H1N1) Flu
To protect yourself, practice general preventive measures for influenza:
- Avoid close contact with people who appear unwell and who have fever and cough.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently and thoroughly.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your sleeve (if you do not have a tissue).
- After you cough or sneeze, wash your hands with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand gel.
- Throw used tissues in a trash can.
- Stay home. Stay in one room and avoid close contact with others as much as possible.
Pan American Health Organisation Website on Swine Flu:
World Health Organisation's website on Swine Flu:
Center for Disease Control (CDC) Website:
PAHO Community newsletter about flu.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 November 2010 10:59