These guidelines, published by the Caribbean Health Research Council (CHRC) with PAHO collaboration, are aimed at producing a unified, evidence-based approach to the management of diabetes in the Caribbean.
- Prevent or delay the onset of diabetes and co-morbid conditions of obesity, hypertension and dyslipidaemia.
- Promote earlier diagnosis of diabetes.
- Improve the quality of care of persons with diabetes.
- Prevent and treat acute and long-term complications of diabetes.
- Promote education and empowerment of the patient, family and community, and healthcare worker.