Medicines and Health Technologies
- Tutorials: Anemia & Blood Donation
The National Anemia Action Council (NAAC) created the Anemia & Blood Donation tutorial for deferred blood donors and the health professionals who educate them about low blood counts and anemia. Read on to learn about the possible causes of a low blood count, potential treatments and the importance of communicating a low blood count to your doctor.
- Videos of lecturers and question and answer session:
Let's Change Blood Donation in the Americas. The Voluntary Donation Forum, in the framework of the Sixth Annual Congress of the Mexican Association of Transfusion Medicine, in the city of Monterrey Nuevo León, Mexico, September 2008
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. Source of Ideas. Let's make a difference. Recruitment of unpaid volunteer blood donors.
The Let's make a difference: Recruitment of unpaid volunteer blood donors manual is designed for self-teaching and as reference material. Its aim is to contribute ideas and suggestions that can be introduced in order to achieve a true change in their own work environment.
This section supplements that material, offering specific examples of how these proposals can be implemented, encouraging cooperation and partnerships between blood services from throughout the world.
- Lifegivers. Strategy for youth participation in promotion of voluntary blood donations. Methodological guide for community educators and proposed figures
Lifegivers. Methodological guide for community educators (1.44 MB) (documents in Spanish)
Virtual Health Library
PAHO/WHO Mandates: Blood Services
- Gráficas y tablas de suporte: Plan Regional de Acceso Universal a Sangre 2014 - 2019
- CD48.R7 Improving Blood Availability and Transfusion Safety in the Americas
- CD46.R5 Progress Report on the Global Safe Blood Initiative and Plan of Action for 2005-2010
- CD46/16 Progress Report on the Regional Initiative for Blood Safety and Plan of Action for 2006-2010
- CD41/13 Strengthening Blood Banks in the Region of the Americas
- Health Agenda for the Americas 2008-2017
- WHA55.18 Calidad de la atención: seguridad del paciente