Internship and Practicum Program activities at PAHO Washington, D.C.
Interns and speakers after the panel discussion on “Health and Culture” - Summer 2007
In addition to specific technical projects,a variety of training and professional development opportunities are provided to trainees. Visits to international organizations such as the World Bank, the Organization of American States(OAS), the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB), and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) are organized. Trainees also participate in team projects,such as the redaction and publication of the PAHO Internship Newsletter or the organization of a panel discussion on a pressing health issue.
How to apply?
- Fill out the Internship application form
- Along with a duly signed Cover Letter the Interns/volunteers should fill out a WHO Personal History Form and submit it to the manager of your area of interest listed in this document.
- The Cover Letter should express your motivation for applying for a PAHO Internship (maximum length - three paragraphs), PAHO work area of interest and dates of availability.
Note that we have only two sessions for interns; therefore, interns should submit their applications as follows:
- Summer session(June-September): Applications for the Summer Program are accepted between December 1 - January 31 each year.
- Winter session(December-March): Applications for the Winter Program are accepted between September 1 -October 31 each year.
Internships and Practicum in PAHO country offices/Pan American Scientific Centers