5th Meeting of the Intergovernmental Initiative for the Surveillance and Prevention of Chagas Disease in the Amazon Region (AMCHA) (28–30 October 2008)
- Communicate the current situation vis-à-vis the surveillance and prevention of Chagas disease in the Amazon.
- Examine what the countries did in 2007/2008 and share plans for 2008/2009.
- Review vectoral, transfusional and digestive transmission of Chagas disease in the subregion, as well as comprehensive care for dealing with the disease. Look at Chagas disease from a foodborne perspective with its peculiarities in the Amazon.
- Chagas 2010: its insertion into the global agenda.
Report (47 pp)
This report (primarily in Spanish) begins with reports from the participating countries (Guyana's is in English):
- French Guiana
Next there are special presentations on:
- Vectoral, oral, and transfusional transmission of Chagas Disease in the Amazon: Context, Presence and detection, Presence and ecology, Practical recommendations
- Curent status of transfusional transmission of T. cruzi Conclusions and recommendations
- Training at the primary-care level in diagnostics, management, prevention, and control of Chagas outbreaks as a foodborne disease: Specific aspects of the Amazon
- Conclusions and recommendations
The agenda and list of participants are attached as annexes.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 August 2009 08:20