Risk and Outbreak Communication
Communication plays an integral role in the preparation, prevention, response, and recovery during an emergency or health crisis. The Pan American Health Organization works with all the countries in the Region to create communication strategies that can be implemented intersectorally, highlighting the need for reporting, educating, communicating, and advocating.
Effective communication clarifies misconceptions allowing people to make decisions based on complete and accurate information. It also minimizes the resentment of those who feel excluded from health policies, helps to maintain the health standards or change the status quo, and thereby save lives. We hope that the information highlighted in our website helps make communication a part of your work.
Join the ListServ! Subscribe Here
Receive the lastest news and resources in Risk Communication
Latest Workshops and Meetings
- Risk Communication Workshop, Trinidad and Tobago, October 2011
- Evaluation Meeting: Virtual Course in Risk Communication in Public Health, Panama, September 2011
- Workshops/Expert Consultations for the Development of National Risk Communication Strategies: Bolivia (July 2011), Peru (August 2011), Guatemala (April 2011)
- Regional Risk Communication Consultation, Uruguay, June 2011
- More Workshops and Meetings
Risk Communication News/Noticias Comunicación de Riesgos