PAHO Director BLOG was selected as one of the top 50 International Health Care and Nursing Blog. Since its launching more than 45 health issues have been addressed throughout the posts published, with focus in the production and dissemination of relevant health information for the Americas about the most pressing health subjects for our region in the struggle to improve the quality of the health systems and services of the Member States of the Pan American Health Organization.
PAHO Director BLOG was selected as one of the top 50 International Health Care and Nursing Blog by "The Practical Nurse Blog"; blog that writes about global health problems, solutions and ideas. This blog is your go-to source for nursing information from around the world wide web. Hacks and tips are just a few of the excellent bits of knowledge that can be found there.
BLOG. 4th. Anniversary. 3 May, 2006-2010.
On 3 May 2006, the Director of the PAHO launched her BLOG as a contribution to the development of information technologies and the information society's knowledge sharing initiative, to get in touch with the people and health professionals throughout the region of the Americas and globally.
This initiative aims to network with partners and to reach health professionals throughout the hemisphere, to expand local and regional capacities and multiply the available social capital in the countries of the Americas.
During the last 4 years the Blog of PAHO's Director has maintained a systematic work in the production and dissemination of relevant health information for the Americas about the most pressing health subjects for our region in the struggle to improve the quality of the health systems and services of the Member States of the Pan American Health Organization, and to reach higher levels of health for our people in the Americas.
Articles published: Spanish: 52 English: 40
More than 45 health issues have been addressed throughout the last 4 years:
- Immunizations, Vaccination Week in the Americas;
- Malaria, counting malaria out;
- Rabies, the fight to eliminate it;
- Health heroes;
- Polio contention in the Americas;
- Access to Safe Blood and blood products;
- Major challenges facing regional and global health;
- Neglected Diseases;
- The Global Economic Recession and the MDGs;
- Neonatal mortality;
- A(H1N1) Virus;
- Plaza Sesamo and PAHO;
- Human Security;
- Primary Health Care(PHC);
- The Global Economic Crisis;
- Safe hospitals and disastres;
- Dengue fever fight and prevention;
- Invest in Health;
- Alcohol and Domestic Violence;
- Social Protection in Health;
- Disability, better responses;
- Inequity and Public Health;
- Food Crisis;
- Gender Policy;
- Protecting health achievements;
- Climate Change and Health;
- Strategic Partnership;
- Road Safety;
- Universal Access to health care and services;
- World Health Day;
- Health Agenda for the Americas;
- Tuberculosis, the fight;
- Preventing Cervical Cancer;
- PAHO Award for Administration;
- Human Resources in Health;
- Leadership in International Health;
- Human Rights and Public Health;
- Serving the Least Protected Population;
- Integrating Health and Agriculture;
- Essential Medicines;
- The Millennium Development Goals;
- The New Medical Missionaries;
- Knowledge sharing and information dissemination;
- Virtual Conferencing;
We invite you to visit the BLOG, submit your comments and share your views with the goal to improve the health in the Americas.
"We are convinced that access to health information is an integral aspect of human rights, requiring us to network with partners that will enable us to expand our local and regional capacities and thus multiply the available social capital in our countries.
In this regard, we are working on the use of emerging information technologies for information and knowledge management and have decided to adopt blogs as a new channel of communication for the Organization."
*Dr. Mirta Roses Periago remarks at the launching of her blog, 3 may 2006.
More information visit:
For more information, contact Diaz, Mrs. Katia (WDC), Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO), Office of the Director .
Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 June 2010 07:33