Studies or in- depth analysis on specific issues or general topics originated or focused on the Americas region which once shared and processed can feed discussions or assessments.
- Espinoza, E et al Caracterización del Sector Farmacéutico Nacional. El Salvador 2009 Observatorio de Políticas Públicas y Salud (OPPS) Universidad de El Salvador (UES), Asociación Salvadoreña Promotora de la Salud (APPS) y Irish Aid (Department of Foreign Affairs) October 2009
- Fondo Nacional de Recursos Política y gestión de la Cobertura de Medicamentos de Alto Costo. Relevamiento de la experiencia internacional y respuesta del Fondo Nacional de Recursos Publicación Técnica No. 13 Montevideo, Uruguay March 2010
- Medicamentos com patentes de Moléculas no Brasil Núcleo de Assessoramento Econômico em Regulação (NUREM) de la Agencia Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária (ANVISA) Marzo 2010 Distribuído April 2010
- United States Government Accountability Office (GAO) Brand-name drug prescription pricing: Lack of Therapeutically Equivalent Drugs and Limited Competition May Contribute to Extraordinary Price Increases December 2009
An update and follow up of MT activities in the region during the latest period of time. References to activities undertaken by other stakeholders in the region which may be of interest for ECONMED participants are also included.
Briefs on current topics of interest (legal amendments, new policies, etc) from given geographical location of the Americas.
- Medicines Patent Pool Boosts HIV Drug Prospects With First License. July 2011
(To read the document click here )
- Access to medicines: the role of procurement policies. July 2010
Speech given by the Director General of the World Health Organization (WHO), Dr Margaret Chan at the opening of a joint technical symposium of WHO, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the World Trade Organization (WTO) on Access to medicines: lessons from procurement practices.
(To read the speech click here)
- Report first meeting of PANDRH Biotechnological products working group. June 2010.
(To read the report click here)
- ARV Prices PAHO Strategic Fund April 1st 2010-March 31st 2010.
The following is a document with the prices of antiretroviral drugs (valid between April 2010 and March 2011) that the Strategic Fund is making available to those Member States that consider the option to make purchases through this joint purchasing mechanism.
To join the ECONMED listserv, please submit your request here. Each request will be reviewed for inclusion to the the listserv.