How to Apply for PAHO Vacancies
All applications for employment in PAHO must now be made via the World Health Organization's (WHO) e-recruitment system. Before completing an application make sure that you have read the qualifications and requirements of the advertised position in which you are interested. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements of the advertised position or of the job category.
You should be aware of the following additional general requirements:
- Technical skills: Good command of commonly used computer software and quantitative skills are required.
- Personal qualities: Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as are diplomacy, tact, and the ability to work well in a team.
- Medical clearance: Offers of appointment are contingent upon the candidate passing a pre-employment medical examination.
- Language: Most of PAHO's position required that the candidate must be bilingual (English and Spanish)
Completing the application
You will be directed automatically to the WHO's e-recruitment system by clicking on a vacancy announcement on the PAHO Professional vacancies or PAHO General administrative/support vacancies pages. Once you have finished completing the requested fields in the e-recruitment form you can apply to vacancies online following the instruction provided within the application form.
- Please follow the instructions on the opening page of the electronic application.
- Be sure to answer all questions completely. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We receive a large volume of inquiries and applications and are only able to follow up on those that are of interest to PAHO.
Please check periodically for postings of new vacancy announcements.