Medicamentos Esenciales y Productos Biológicos
Medicamentos y Tecnologías Sanitarias
Pharmaceutical Policy: support the development, implementation and monitoring of the Caribbean and National Pharmaceutical Policies, using evidence for decision making
- To support the development of a Caribbean Pharmaceutical Policy within the CCH III framework and to support development/updating and implementation of National Pharmaceutical Policies in selected countries as part of the steering role of the State and essential public health functions;
- To encourage and to support Caribbean countries to participate in the pharmaceutical situation evaluation process (level I and II) and to provide feed-back about the results to national counterparts.
- To support the strengthening of Pharmaceutical Education and to include the core elements of pharmaceutical policy into academic curricula, and
- To support the development of pharmaceutical services based on Primary Health Care.
Selected outcomes of technical cooperation:
- Pharmaceutical Situation in the Caribbean. Factbook on Level I Monitoring Indicators 2007
- WHO/WHO. The Pharmaceutical Situation in the Caribbean: Structure and Process 2007
- Workshop on Caribbean Pharmaceutical Policy – Barbados, July, 5th to 6th, 2010
- Assessment of the Pharmaceutical Situation in St Lucia: WHO Level II Health Facilities Survey, 2009
- Suriname Country Pharmaceutical Profile
- I Workshop on Pharmacy Education in the Caribbean, May, 2009: Report/Executive Summary
- II Workshop on Pharmaceutical Education in the Caribbean, November 2010. Report/Executive Summary
- Guidelines and concept paper on the Pharmaceutical Services based on Primary Health Care in the Americas