The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here .
- This week, El Salvador reported an increasing trend in acute respiratory disease, high intensity and moderate impact of acute respiratory disease on health care services.
- Influenza activity remains low in the southern cone of South America and in North America.
- Influenza activity remains moderate in some countries in Central America, the Caribbean, and Andean countries. The type and subytpes circulating in each country differ.
- In the Southern Cone, the predominant virus circulating is RSV; in Central America, the Caribbean, and the Andean countries, there is a mixed pattern of circulation
- One new confirmed death was reported this week; in total there have been 8,533 cumulative confirmed deaths in 28 countries of the Region