The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here .
- Some countries in South America (Bolivia and Peru), Central America (El Salvador) and the Caribbean (Dominica) reported an increasing trend in acute respiratory disease.
- Influenza activity remains low in the southern cone of South America and in North America.
- Influenza activity remains moderate in some countries in Central America, the Caribbean and Andean countries. There is different predominance in the influenza virus type in each country.
- The predominant respiratory viruses in Southern Cone is RSV; and in Central America, Caribbean and Andean countries are diverse.
- 7 new confirmed deaths in 4 countries were reported; in total there have been 8,532 cumulative confirmed deaths in 28 countries of the Region