The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here .
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained low.
- In the Caribbean, Jamaica reported an increasing trend in acute respiratory disease
- In Central America, El Salvador and Panama reported increasing trends in acute respiratory disease. Panama reported high intensity of acute respiratory disease and moderate impact on health care services
- In South America, Colombia reported increased trend of acute respiratory disease.
- In EW 22-25, Panama reported a sharp increase in the number of influenza A/H3 viruses and influenza A not subtyped. In Argentina (EW 24) and Chile (EW 25) continue to report a predominance of RSV
- 54 new confirmed deaths in 5 countries were reported; in total there have been 8,516 cumulative confirmed deaths in 28 countries of the Region