The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here .
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained low.
- The Caribbean countries reported unchanged trends in acute respiratory disease.
- In Central America, all countries reported unchanged trends in acute respiratory disease.
- In South America, all countries reported unchanged trends of acute respiratory disease.
- In EW 21-23, El Salvador reported a predominance of influenza type B viruses, while Nicaragua reported a sharp increase in the number of influenza A/H3 viruses. In EW 24, Chile continues to report a predominance of RSV.
- 12 new confirmed deaths in 3 countries were reported; in total there have been 8,462 cumulative confirmed deaths in 28 countries of the Region.
Last Updated on Monday, 28 June 2010 12:50