The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here .
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained low.
- The Caribbean countries, reported decreasing or unchanged trends in acute respiratory disease.
- Central American countries reported decreasing or unchanged trends in acute respiratory disease.
- In South American countries, Colombia and Peru reported increasing trends of acute respiratory disease.
- From EW 1 to 22, 2010, the Caribbean and Central American countries reported variable circulation of respiratory viruses. In Bolivia, influenza B predominated. Argentina, Chile and Paraguay reported the predominance of respiratory syncytial virus.
- 4 new confirmed deaths in 2 countries were reported; in total there have been 8,427 cumulative confirmed deaths.
Last Updated on Monday, 14 June 2010 12:16