The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here .
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained stable and is lower than expected in most areas.
- Caribbean countries reported unchanged or decreasing trends in acute respiratory.
- Central American countries reported decreasing or unchanged trends in acute respiratory disease.
- All South American countries reported decreasing or unchanged trends in acute respiratory disease, except Brazil which reported an increasing trend.
- From EW 1 to 17, in Mexico, Colombia and Cuba, the pandemic virus predominated. Bolivia detected the predominance of influenza B and Canada and Chile detected mostly respiratory syncytial virus.
- 35 new confirmed deaths in 3 countries were reported; in total there have been 8,396 cumulative confirmed deaths.
Last Updated on Monday, 17 May 2010 15:33