The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here .
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained stable and is lower than expected in most areas.
- Caribbean countries reported unchanged or decreasing trends in acute respiratory
- In Central American countries reported decreasing or unchanged trends in acute respiratory disease.
- South American countries reported decreasing or unchanged trends in acute respiratory disease.
- In Canada, Chile and the USA the 100% of all subtyped influenza A viruses were pandemic (H1N1) 2009.
- 4 new confirmed deaths in 2 countries were reported; in total there have been 8,361 cumulative confirmed deaths.