The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF Click here.
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained stable and is lower than expected in most areas.
- Caribbean countries reported unchanged or decreasing trends in acute respiratory disease except Jamaica which reported an increasing trend.
- In Central America, El Salvador, Guatemala and Panama reported increasing trends in acute respiratory disease.
- South American countries reported decreasing or unchanged trends in acute respiratory disease, except Bolivia which reported an increasing trend.
- In Canada, Chile and USA the 95.8% of all subtyped influenza A viruses were pandemic (H1N1) 2009.
- 41 new confirmed deaths in 6 countries were reported; in total there have been 8,357 cumulative confirmed deaths.