The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here.
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained stable and is lower than expected in most areas.
- In the Caribbean, Cuba reported an increasing trend in acute respiratory disease.
- In Central American, Panama reported an increasing trend in acute respiratory disease.
South American countries reported unchanged or decreasing trends in acute respiratory disease.
- In Canada, Cuba and the United States, the 99.4% of all subtyped influenza A viruses were pandemic (H1N1) 2009.
- 45 new confirmed deaths in 4 countries were reported; in total there have been 8,217 cumulative confirmed deaths.