The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here.
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained stable and is lower than expected in most areas.
- In the Caribbean, Barbados reported an increasing trend in acute respiratory disease.
- In Central American, Guatemala reported an increasing trend in acute respiratory disease.
- In South America, Bolivia and Peru reported increasing trends in acute respiratory disease.
- In North America, a median of 99.4% of all subtyped influenza A viruses were pandemic (H1N1) 2009.
- 83 new confirmed deaths in 4 countries were reported; in total there have been 8,175 cumulative confirmed deaths.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 March 2010 04:46