The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here.
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained stable and is lower than expected in most areas.
- In the Caribbean, these countries reported an unchanged or decreasing trend in acute respiratory disease.
- In Central American, Panama, Guatemala, Nicaragua and El Salvador reported increasing trends in acute respiratory disease.
- In South America, Bolivia and Brazil reported increasing trends in acute respiratory disease.
- In North America, El Salvador, Colombia and Cuba, the 100% of subtyped influenza A viruses were pandemic (H1N1) 2009.
- 51 new confirmed deaths in 7 countries were reported; in total there have been 7,673 cumulative confirmed deaths.
Last Updated on Monday, 22 March 2010 16:03