The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here.
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained stable and is lower than expected in most areas.
- In the Caribbean, Jamaica and Bahamas reported an increasing trend in acute respiratory disease.
- In Central American, Panama and Nicaragua reported increasing trends in acute respiratory disease.
- In South America, Brazil reported an increasing trend in acute respiratory disease.
- In North America and Colombia, a median of 100% of subtyped influenza A viruses were pandemic (H1N1) 2009.
- 46 new confirmed deaths in 4 countries were reported; in total there have been 7,622 cumulative confirmed deaths.