The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF Click here.
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity continued to decrease and is lower than expected in most areas
- In the Caribbean, all countries reported unchanged and decreasing trends in acute respiratory disease, except Jamaica which reported an increasing trend
- Central American countries reported decreasing or unchanging trends in acute respiratory disease except El Salvador, which reported an increasing trend
- South American countries reported mostly decreasing or unchanged trends of acute respiratory disease, except Paraguay which reported an increasing trend
- A median of 99.3% of subtyped influenza A viruses were pandemic (H1N1) 2009
- 72 new confirmed deaths in 7 countries were reported; in total there have been 7,166 cumulative confirmed deaths
Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 March 2010 05:31