The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF Click here.
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity continued to decrease and is lower than expected in most areas
- In the Caribbean, all countries reported unchanged and decreasing trends in acute respiratory disease
- Central American countries reported decreasing trends in acute respiratory disease
- South American countries reported mostly decreasing or unchanged trends of acute respiratory disease, except Paraguay, which reported an increasing trend
- In North America, a median of 100% of subtyped influenza A viruses were Pandemic (H1N1) 2009
- 79 new confirmed deaths in 6 countries were reported; in total there have been 7,094
Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 March 2010 05:30