The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF Click here.
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained stable and is lower than expected in most areas
- In the Caribbean, Jamaica and Cuba reported increasing trends in acute respiratory disease, while the other countries reported unchanged or decreasing trends
- In Central America, Costa Rica reported a decreasing trend in acute respiratory disease while Guatemala reported an increasing trend
- South American countries reported decreasing or unchanged trends of acute respiratory disease
- In North America, a median of 100% of subtyped influenza A viruses were pandemic (H1N1) 2009
- 113 new confirmed deaths in six countries were reported; in total there have been 7,374 cumulative confirmed deaths
Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 March 2010 05:33