The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF Click here.
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained stable and is lower than expected in most areas
- In the Caribbean, Jamaica continued to report an increasing trend while Dominica reported an unchanged trend in acute respiratory disease
- In Central America, Costa Rica and Guatemala reported decreasing trends in acute respiratory disease
- South American countries reported decreasing or unchanged trends of acute respiratory disease except Paraguay which reported increasing trend
- In North America, a median of 100% of subtyped influenza A viruses were pandemic (H1N1) 2009
- 59 new confirmed deaths in 4 countries were reported; in total there have been 7,433 cumulative confirmed deaths