The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here.
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained stable and is lower than expected in most areas
- In the Caribbean, Jamaica reported an increasing trend in acute respiratory disease
- Central American countries reported decreasing or unchanged trends in acute respiratory disease, except Panama which reported an increasing trend
- South American countries reported unchanged trends in acute respiratory disease.
- In North America, a median of 87.3% of subtyped influenza A viruses were pandemic (H1N1) 2009
- 55 new confirmed deaths in 4 countries were reported; in total there have been 7,539 cumulative confirmed deaths