This function includes:
• Promoting changes in lifestyle and environmental conditions that will promote the development of a health culture.
• Strengthening of intersectoral partnerships to make health promotion actions more effective.
• Assessing the impact of public policies on health.
• Developing educational actions and social communication that promote healthy conditions, lifestyles, behavior, and environments.
• Reorienting health services to develop models of care that support health promotion.
1. Support for health promotion activities and the development of standards/interventions that favor healthy behaviors and environments.
2. Building of sectoral and extra-sectoral partnerships for health promotion.
3. National planning and coordination to inform, educate, and communicate strategies of health promotion.
4. Reorientation of health services towards the promotion of public health.