This function includes:
• Strengthening the power of citizens to change their own lifestyles and take an active role in developing healthy behaviors and environments, thus giving them influence over the decisions that affect their health and access to adequate public health services.
• Facilitating organized community participation in the decisions and actions related to health programs of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation, aiming to improve the population’s health status and create an environment that promotes healthy lifestyles.
1. Strength of the influence that citizens have in public health decision-making.
2. Strength of the social participation in health.
3. Advisory services and technical support for sub-national entities to strengthen social participation in health.