This function includes:
• The institutional capacity to develop the regulatory framework necessary to monitor and protect the population’s health.
• The capacity to create new laws and regulations directed towards improving population health and promoting the development of healthy environments.
• The protection of citizens in their relationship with the health system.
• The execution of these activities to ensure compliance with the standards in a timely, correct, congruent, and complete manner.
1. Period review, evaluation, and modification of the regulatory framework.
2. Enforcement of health standards.
3. Knowledge, skills, and mechanisms to review, enhance, and enforce the regulatory framework.
4. Technical advisory and support for sub-national public health agencies to elaborate and enforce laws and regulations.