This function includes:
• Policy development, planning, and the implementation of measures to prevent, mitigate, reduce, and prepare for the impact of disasters on public health.
• Integrated approach to the threats and the etiology of each possible emergency or disaster within the country.
• Health system-wide participation and broad intersectoral/interinstitutional collaboration in reducing the impact of emergencies and disasters.
• The management of intersectoral and international cooperation in solving health problems caused by emergencies and disasters.
1. Management of emergency and disaster impact reduction.
2. Development of standards and lines of action to reduce the impact of emergencies and disasters on health.
3. Cooperation and partnerships with other agencies and/or institutions.
4. Advisory services and technical support at the sub-national level to reduce the impact of emergencies and disasters on health.