Regional Health Observatory
|REGIONAL HEALTH OBSERVATORY|
Situation in Region of the Americas
SELECTED TOBACCO CONTROL POLICIES, 2008
Proportion of countries (%) - Number of countries inside the bars
The graph above depicts WHO's assessment of progress made by countries towards the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (WHO FCTC) selected demand reduction articles:
- Monitor tobacco use and prevention policies (Monitoring) measures Article 20.
- Protect people from tobacco smoke (Smoke-free environment) measures Article 8.
- Offer to help quit tobacco use (cessation programmes) measures Article 14.
- Warn about the dangers of tobacco (health warnings) measures Article 11 and Article 12.
- Enforce bans on tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship (Advertising ban) measures Article 13.
- Raise taxes on tobacco (taxation) measures Article 6.
SITUATION AND TRENDS IN REGION OF THE AMERICAS
DATA TABLES FOR REGION OF THE AMERICAS
MORE TOBACCO CONTROL DATA PRODUCTS