The meeting, “Improving Public Health through the Optimal Intake of Iodine and Sodium” was held on March 31, 2011 at PAHO in Washington, DC. The objectives of the meeting included defining the common ground for simultaneous salt iodization and salt reduction initiatives, developing a framework for collaboration and coordination, and defining the next steps to operationalize the framework.
- Salt, heart disease and stroke
- Recent advances in the prevention of iodine deficiency disorders
- Plans of ICCIDD for LAC and participation of IRLI network
- Key Recommendations from WHO “Salt as a Vehicle of Fortification” 2007
- Update on the iodine task force
- Population salt reduction strategies: Activities and plans at the WHO headquarters
- Optimizing iodine and sodium intakes