UN High Level Meeting on NCDs
FAQs on the United Nations General Assembly High-Level Meeting on the Prevention and Control of Non-communicable Diseases (NCDs)
19-20 September, 2011, New York
1. What is a United Nations General Assembly High-Level Meeting?
2. Why is a high-level meeting needed?
3. What will be the result of the NCDs Summit?
4. What is the process leading up to the UNGA High-Level Meeting on NCDs?
5. What is PAHO/WHO's role in the build-up to the NCDs summit?
6. What is the role of civil society in the NCDs summit?
7. What is the role of the private sector in the NCDs summit?
8. What tools exist to reduce the NCDs burden?
9. What are some of the key steps already taken that resulted in the call for a UN summit dedicated to NCDs?
*** Get the PDF version ***