Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health
Publications and Documents: Integrated Disease Management
See also Publications and Documents of:
Scientific and Technical Materials: Integrated Disease Management
- WHO. Preparing a Health Care Workforce for the 21st Century – The challenge of chronic conditions, 2005
- OPS. Manual para la Implementación de Proyectos Colaborativos para el mejoramiento de la calidad de atención a las personas con enfermedades crónicas, 2007 (In Spanish)
En América Latina, el número estimado de personas con diabetes en el año 2000 fue de 13,3 millones, y para el 2030 se ha proyectado en 32,9 millones de personas, o una duplicación del número de casos.
Integrated Disease Management - Cancer - Factsheets
- WHO/UICC. Global Action Against Cancer, 2005
Our knowledge about the prevention and treatment of cancer is increasing, yet the number of new cases grows every year. If the trend continues, 16 million people will discover they have cancer in 2020, two-thirds of them in newly-industrialized and developing countries.
- PAHO. Cancer in the Region of the Americas, 2014
Cardiovascular Diseases - Guides
- PAHO. Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure, 2004
For more than three decades, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) has administered the National High Blood Pressure Education Program (NHBPEP) Coordinating Committee, a coalition of 39 major professional, public, and voluntary organizations and 7 Federal agencies.
- WHO. Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease Guidelines for assessment and management of cardiovascular risk, 2007
Integrated Disease Management - Diabetes - Guides
- PAHO. Building Blocks in Diabetes Education and Control A Framework for Comprehensive Diabetes Care, 2010
Diabetes management is complex and requires training and resources. This document was prepared with input from a group of experts and people with diabetes from 25 countries of the Americas with the aim of providing a simple framework for diabetes care.
- WHO. Laboratory Diagnosis and Monitoring of Diabetes Mellitus, 2002
Integrated Disease Management - Diabetes - Strategies
- PAHO. Priorities for cardiovascular health in the Americas, 2011
Cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and chronic respiratory diseases combined are the leading causes of death and disability in the world (responsible for 60% of all deaths and 44% of premature deaths).
- PAHO. Population and Individual Approach to the Prevention and Management of Diabetes and Obesity, 2011
Obesity and diabetes are affecting the peoples of the Americas at high and increasing rates. National surveys demonstrate that obesity is increasing in prevalence among all age groups; 7% to 12% of children under 5 years old...
Integrated Disease Management - Diabetes - Reports
- PAHO. Atlas of diabetes education in Latin America and the Caribbean, 2002
Diabetes mellitus takes a significant and costly toll on people with diabetes and on society (medical costs, health services, consequences for families, disabilities). Diabetes affects about 28 million people in the Americas.
- PAHO. Survey of Diabetes, Hypertension and Chronic Disease Risk Factors. CAMDI. Guatemala, 2009