Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health
Publications and Documents: Integrated Disease Management
See also Publications and Documents of:
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention - Diet and Physical Activity
- WHO. A Framework to Monitor and Evaluate Implementation. Global strategy on diet, physical activity and health, 2008
This document sets out an approach to measure the implementation of the WHO Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health (DPAS) at country level and proposes a framework and indicators for this purpose.
- WHO. Global recommendations on physical activity for health, 2010
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention - Obesity
- PAHO. Obesity and poverty a new public health challenge, 2000
This book presents an up-to-date overview of the prevalence of overweight and obesity in the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean, their medium- and long-term adverse effects, and their implications for planning public health actions.
- PAHO. Obesity the big challenge (Perspectives in Health – Volume 7, Number 3) 2002
This issue of Perspectives in Health is the last of the Pan American Health Organization’s centennial year, and it is perhaps appropriate that we close 2002 with a bang rather than a whimper. Toward that end, we have chosen one of the humorously provocative works of Colombian artist Fernando Botero to grace the magazine’s cover.
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention - Salt Reduction
- PAHO. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease in the Americas by Reducing Dietary Salt Intake Population Wide
The PAHO/WHO Regional Expert Group on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention through Dietary Salt Reduction has produced this policy statement. It has the rationale and recommendations for a population-based approach to reduce dietary salt...
- WHO. Avoiding Heart Attacks and Strokes, 2005