Policy and Advocacy - Policy Briefs
- PAHO. Non-communicable diseases in the Americas: cost-effective interventions for prevention and control – issue brief on non-communicable diseases. 2011
- PAHO. The economic burden of non-communicable diseases in the Americas – issue brief on non-communicable diseases, 2011
- PAHO. FAQs on the United Nations High-Level Meeting on the Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs), 2011
- PAHO. Non-communicable diseases on global agendas – issue brief on non-communicable diseases, 2011
- PAHO. Non-communicable diseases in the Americas: all sectors of society can help solve the problem – issue brief on non-communicable diseases, 2011
In response to the high incidence and mortality rates of cervical cancer in Latin American and the Caribbean, the Pan American Health Organization developed the Regional Strategy and Plan of Action for Cervical Cancer Prevention and Control. The Regional Strategy aims to fortify cervical cancer programs, promoting a comprehensive strategy to approach the natural history of the disease, from primary prevention and early detection to diagnosis, treatment and palliative care; stimulating the introduction of new technologies and approaches to improve the effectiveness of existing programs.