Policy and Advocacy - Reports
- PAHO. Compilation of Legislation for the English-Speaking Caribbean Countries and Territories on Prevention and Control of Obesity, Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases, 2010
- PAHO. Non communicable diseases in the Americas building a healthier future, 2011
- PAHO. CARMEN An Initiative for Integrated Prevention of Non-communicable Diseases, 2003
Noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) are the leading causes of death and disability worldwide. In 2001, 33.1 million deaths, almost 60% of mortality worldwide and 45.9% of the global burden of disease were attributable to NCDs.
- WHO. Global Status Report: Alcohol Policy, 2004
- WHO. Global status report on noncommunicable diseases, 2010
- WHO. Global surveillance, prevention and control of Chronic Respiratory Diseases. A comprehensive approach, 2007
- WHO. Noncommunicable Diseases Country Profiles, 2011
- WHO. Preventing Chronic Diseases - A vital investment, 2005
- WHO. Stop the global epidemic of chronic disease: A practical guide to successful advocacy, 2006
The global epidemic of chronic disease has been widely ignored or seen as less important than other health issues. Advocacy is essential to help to set the record straight and to spur action at all levels.
- PAHO. Country Profiles on Non-Communicable Diseases, 2012
This compendium of country profiles summarizes the epidemiological situation and capacity within Ministries of Health for non-communicable disease prevention and control (NCD) in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC).