About the tool
The programming tool provides evidence-summaries for 16 programming approaches for preventing and responding to violence against women in the context of the HIV epidemic.
The tool is aimed at
- managers of national HIV programmes from relevant line ministries;
- national and international nongovernmental organizations and community-based organizations;
- UN agencies and programmes; and
- institutions conducting intervention research and providing technical support for violence against women and HIV programmes
Four areas where changes needs to happen
- empowerment of women through integrated, multi-sectoral approaches;
- transforming social and cultural norms related to gender;
- integrating violence against women and HIV services; and
- promoting and implementing laws and policies related to violence against women, gender equality and HIV
A key feature of this tool is an inter-active programming wheel that summarizes the 16 ideas and the core values that must guide all programming on violence against women.
Download the full document here
Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 February 2014 14:46