Government officials and international experts discuss challenges and progress in improving the health of women and children in Latin America and the Caribbean during the regional meeting to strengthen information and accountability for the health of women and children, an event that gathers for three days officials of the governments of Guatemala, Brazil, Mexico, Peru, Bolivia...
Authorities from El Salvador's Ministry of Health (MINSAL), institutions associated with the Safe Motherhood Initiative (Pan American Health Organization - PAHO, the United Nations Fund for Children - UNICEF, the...
Today during his visit to the Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) Headquarters, the Minister of Health of Jamaica, Dr. Fenton Ferguson, presented the main health priorities for Jamaica, which include a revamping of the primary health care system, the use of...
WHO today committed to fast-track its assessment of new and existing quality contraceptives so more women in low- and middle-income countries can obtain and use a broader range of safe and effective contraceptive products.
- Safe Motherhood Initiative announces winners of photography and best practices contests in maternal health 2012-05-29 16:03:13
- PAHO, ECLAC and countries discuss guidelines to account for expenditures in reproductive health, maternal and child health 2012-03-21 14:46:20
- USAID Grants PAHO $5 Million to Improve Health in Latin America and the Caribbean 2011-11-21 17:49:56
- Nicaragua awarded the America 2011 prize for its successful reduction of maternal mortality 2011-09-30 09:01:19
- Panel Discussion on Safe Motherhood and Universal Access to Sexual and Reproductive Health 2011-09-25 15:59:44
- PAHO/WHO, the Government of Haiti, and Canada Launch Project Manman ak timoun an sante in Port-au-Prince 2011-09-15 09:02:15
- Experts call on countries of the Americas to keep the promise of safe motherhood 2010-09-27 15:45:43
- Iniciativa regional para la eliminación de la transmisión maternoinfantil del VIH y de la sífilis congénita en América Latina y el Caribe: Estrategia de monitoreo regional (2010) 2010-05-25 16:20:56
- Regional Initiative for the Elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV and CS in LAC: Regional Monitoring Strategy 2010-05-25 16:20:56
- Guía clínica para la eliminación de la transmisión maternoinfantil del VIH y de la sífilis congénita en América Latina y el Caribe 2010-02-09 17:09:13
- Guía clínica para la eliminación de la transmisión maternoinfantil del VIH y de la sífilis congénita 2010-02-09 17:09:13
- The Americas Pledge to Eliminate Mother-to-Child HIV Transmission and Congenital Syphilis by 2015 2009-11-23 07:08:55
- PAHO: Infant Formula Crisis Is Stark Reminder of the Need to Promote Breastfeeding 2008-10-14 12:17:30